Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Design

I spent a lot of the last couple days trying to figure out how to do the lay out for my children's book.  I set it up in Scrivener and also in Adobe's InDesign.  I love using Scrivener- it's truly a phenomenal program for writing anything from poetry to short stories as well as fiction and non fiction or a even research paper/ thesis.

I hadn't used InDesign at all before yesterday, so it took some time to figure out how to transfer the entire story, one text frame at a time, but it turned out to be pretty easy.  After that, it was just thinking about where I want the illustrations.  But there's a bit of a snag...I don't have an illustrator and I'm not totally sure what I want the illustrations to be.  So, I set it up in InDesign for about how many illustrations I thought I'd want and about what sizes I'm looking for.  In Scrivener, I just did the basic font size and spacing.  I didn't set anything up in Scrivener for illustrations, yet.  I also created a title page for both.

So, now, I'm waiting to see the sketches and hear about a commission price from the possible illustrator.  Then, it's time to make my dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment