Saturday, August 24, 2013

To write a novel or not...

Well, I'm at a crossroads.  I wrote a short story that was my first attempt at literature rather than the fantasy or thriller genre.  The story actually is called Crossroads.  I liked it enough to send it to Glimmer Train to try to get it published.  If they reject it, I'll work on it and send it out to more literature magazines.

When my wife read it, she said she thought it sounded like the beginnings of a novel.

Two weeks later, I started writing more.  I only wrote about a thousand more words, but I kinda like it.  Now, the question is, do I want a series of short stories that can stand alone, or do I want to write it as a novel.  I just don't know.  For now, I think I'll write a few short stories, or more, then work on tying them together into a novel.  We'll see.

What would you do??

No comments:

Post a Comment