Saturday, August 17, 2013

Writing for a contest

My wife went to a gallery to inquire about having a showing there for a project she was working on.  While there she saw that they are accepting art and  stories for submission to an exhibit titled "Agony and Ecstasy" So, I decided to give it a shot.  It took me a while to come up with a story and, quite frankly, I'm still working on one.

They're looking for stories of joy and agony combined, or two submissions- one of joy and one of agony- that are 500 words or less.  I have some stories that would fit this already written, but they are too long.  The due date is also soon- September 1st to be exact.  I was brain frozen for a while, but came up with a cat and mouse story, but it seemed to childish.  I wanted something dark.  I am working on reducing the words to one story that fits well.  That story is 556 words long and I should be able to pare it down without losing anything.  A third turned into a bit of a horror story than anything, but does fit the ecstasy and agony theme well.

But, I'm still not quite happy.  I will be if I can cut the 56 words out of one story.  If not, I'll think of something else or change around the horror story.

Time's a tickin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment