Friday, September 13, 2013

Disappointment in a literary magazine

I ordered a copy of Glimmer Train a couple weeks ago.  I've been looking forward to reading it for quite some time (long story short, I thought I ordered it about 6 weeks ago only to remember a month later I didn't...).

Finally!  Today, it arrived!  I was psyched!  I made a cup of coffee, went outside and sat to read it...

That was about it.  The stories are VERY well done and amazingly well written.  I also realized that there's no way the story I submitted will make it there.

Why?  Well, it's not well written enough.  And?  Well, each of the first four stories I read in it seem to be themed around death, depression and loneliness.  That's not me at all.  Not in my life or my writing.  Maybe it was just this one.  I don't really know.  I'm not going to spend another $14 to find out.  I'm still debating on whether or not to even read the last couple stories in it.

Oh well, time to find another magazine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment