Saturday, September 21, 2013

Writing Challenge and Helping Creativity

So, I joined in with a 30 day creation challenge on google +.  The basic idea is that you spend at least 10 minutes a day working towards completing an ebook for self publishing (I didn't know/read that it was for non-fiction).  I don't plan on being done my novel by the end of the month, but being a part of this group has helped with my creativity and my thought process regarding the novel.

Though I haven't added words to my novel each night, I have for about 18/21 to this point.  The other three nights I worked out chapter sketches and corrected a plot flaw.

Tonight I worked on it for about an hour or so and typed up 1,100+ words in chapter 6.  I still have more to type tonight (maybe), but I also need to think about adding in another sub plot/ adventure (it is a fantasy novel) into the book that I have some basic ideas typed out.

My goal is to have the first draft of this novel done in two to three months.  From there it'll be rereading the story, checking for inconsistencies and grammatical errors.  After that, I have to think about whether I want to pay someone to edit the story or work at it on my own.  I don't have a lot of money to spend for this project as I will have a big chunk of change invested into a children's story by the time this one is ready.  I guess I answered my own question/ problem...no $, self editing :)

Do you self-edit or pay someone to do it?

I do have someone who edited my kids book for free, but for 60-90k words, yeah, free won't work and I wouldn't even ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment