Thursday, December 26, 2013

The streak continues...

A couple years ago this would have been a running streak, or an exercise streak when I did triathlons. But today, it's a writing streak.  It's not much, but I'm up to fourteen days!  I've written several thousand words total.  My low was 70 words on Christmas and my high was 4500+ on the 23rd!  I now have two novellas done.  One may never be published, but it was a worthwhile endeavor.  The other I am working on revisions and editing and it will be up as the beginning of a Kindle serial.

What's it about?

Our cat...kinda...You see, we keep our cat's litter box in the basement.  After he poops in it, he flies up the stairs and darts around the house like a crazy man.  We always crack jokes about it.  Well, from this, a story came to me about why he runs up the stairs.  Turns out he's a demon hunter.  We have a portal in our basement that leads to some level of hell.  It's his job (he transforms into something else...) to make sure nothing escapes.  He runs up in the story only occasionally and it's because some sort of demon escaped and he's chasing it down.


I have the first episode of the serial done and I'm starting on episode two.  I also have a couple backstories in mind as well.

Well, I guess this is enough of a delay to start my typing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment