Saturday, December 14, 2013

Writing Streaking

  I found a friday night writing group in twitter a while back under the hashtag #writeclub.  I decided I needed something more and saw a couple other hashtags listed: #dailywrite and #sprintdaily.  I'm not sure how much they'll help with getting me to write every day, but I'm giving it a shot.  I got in 798 words yesterday and 1,536 tonight.  It's a start!  It felt good, too.
  I'm a few thousand word into a novella I'm hoping to turn into a serial.  I even came up with an idea for a prequel that would be a stand alone story.  So, I'd say the last two days were very productive.
  I found a streak group that I had joined for September and it felt amazing to have that accountability to report what I'd done to help finish a novella that I'm going to start revising and editing next month.  I don't know if I will end up doing anything with it, but it's the first novella I've ever finished.  It may just sit in my desk, err, computer.  I'm very proud to have finished it.  That's what counts!  Plus, it's good practice.

Do you streak or do you write a few days a week or when the muse inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment