Saturday, January 18, 2014

Homemade Kindle case

Hey All!  I had tried to order a Kindle case from a company, but they sent the wrong thing twice.  So, I decided that I would use what I have lying around the house to make my own.  I had an old journal (11 years old) that I loved, but hadn't really ever used.  It was hand made in Tibet.  My wife gave it to me for my birthday in 2003 (as noted on the inside cover).
Closed, before- I love the dowels for securing

Handmade paper- can't really see the naturalness of it

After taking out the paper- some at my desk, some in my writing bag for kids writing supplies

Took a while to get the size right.  I did, then dropped it...craperfic!

Cleaned up- some scraping with a razor to get the perfect fit!  Hot glue to hold it in place.

I can still reach all the right plugs and power button

Done!  It fits just right!!

In total, this project kept me out of trouble for about two hours :)  Now for some mischief!

No comments:

Post a Comment