Sunday, February 2, 2014

Formatting is going slow

Ok, so I thought once I got the images back for The Rabbit Who Wished He Could Fly, the formatting would just, well, fly by.  Nope, it's taking longer than I thought.  Then it took a while to get the page numbers set.  I was fighting and fighting with Photoshop to get them on the pages in the same spots.  Then, I learned how to make my own actions!  And?  I made an action for the left and the right side of the page!  Woohoo!

Now, I have a few adjustments to make to the location of the words on the illustrations and also to the 'This Book Belongs To' page.  After that, I have to finish all the info for the ISBN numbers (yes, I bought my own).  Then, into a format that CreateSpace accepts (word for me).  Word keeps shutting down on me, too.  It's a 399.6MB sized monstrosity of a file!  I also need to get the cover done, too!  Oh, and a couple minor adjustments to the title page :)

But, I'm getting there and I'm both learning from and enjoying the process.

Soon, my minions, soon...

I think, once it's done, I may make a long post, or even a separate page, describing the entire process from beginning to end for you all (and me) to use as a reference point.

Happy Writing (and reading!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment