Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Writer's (and other creative's) Retreats

Big question:
Have any of you writer's, or other creatives, gone on a retreat for the specific purpose of working on your craft?

I've looked at SCBWI conventions, but they are way out of my price range.  I was looking at cabins at state parks here in PA, but you have to rent for the week, and that makes it too expensive.  So, I was perusing the Highlights Foundations Workshops magazine today...

...and found the 'Unworkshop'  It sounded like exactly what I was looking for and is within driving distance.  I decided to check it out on-line to find out more about it, even though I knew it would be out of price range...

...well, it wasn't!  Woohoo!  You get a private, modern cabin, in a rural area of PA (at least it was rural in the early 90's when my grandfather had a house in the same town).  They offer three meals a day (not sure if that means it's included, or just make something to buy so it's easier to focus on writing).

The best is the date and duration.  They offer a few sets of dates over the course of a few months.  During that 10 or so day span, you pick when and how long you want to go for!  This is exactly what I've been looking for- to get away for a few days from the distractions of home, even when no one else is here :)

Oh!  And each cabin has a coffee pot...sold!!

So, have you gone on any workshops/retreats?  How was it??

No comments:

Post a Comment