Saturday, October 25, 2014

Look to your right! No no...on the screen...

Yeah, that's right- I changed my plans for NaNoWriMo for November.  My heart isn't into getting back to writing the fantasy novels and novellas I had planned on writing.   I eventually will, but not yet.

I've really been enjoying writing children's picture book manuscripts and attempting to find an agent and publisher.

Enter PiBoIdMo.

That's PIcture BOok IDea MOnth.

The goal?  Well, if you looked to your right (again!  on the screen people!), you'd see this neat little picture -------------------------->
and you might have figured it out: To come up with 30 legitimate picture book ideas to slowly turn into picture book manuscripts over the next year.

The thought of doing National Novel Writing Month just did not appeal to me as much as I thought it would.  It wasn't the work, 50,000 words in 30 days, it was the outcome.  The thought of having a novel, or the start of one, did not appeal as much as coming up with 30 picture book manuscript ideas.  My heart just wasn't into it and you HAVE to follow your heart.

So?  That's what I'm going to do- what I know I really want to do and what will make me happy: coming up with picture book manuscript ideas that, someday, kids will enjoy reading, and parents will enjoy reading to their kids.

Good luck to all the participants!

If you're interested, click the banner on the right side of this blog, it's linked to an official organizer of PiBoIdMo, http://taralazar.com/

Enjoy! And follow along, I plan on blogging about my progress as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment