Sunday, November 16, 2014

PiBoIdMo ideas coming slowly, but they're coming.

Hey All!

Coming up with a slew of ideas has been challenging.  I seem to get a couple every couple days, or one a day for a couple days in a row.  I really thought I'd have more by now.  It's November 16th and I have 17 ideas.  The challenge is to get 30 ideas in 30 days, but that's not enough for me.  I want more.  I am a bit competitive.  I want to feel like I WON PiBoIdMo, not just completed it.  No official stats are kept, just whether you completed it nor not, but completing isn't good enough for me.  I need to crush it.

So, what do I need to do?  I need to observe more.  I need to write down any little thought that might be helpful and might lead to a legitimate idea.  Just a name, a location, or a funny anecdote aren't good enough for me to be considered an idea.  This is what I need to fill out fully for it to be a legitimate idea (in my mind at least):

You may recognize this from here.
I have 30 set-up as my file in Scrivener, and 18 filled in (yes, I did have an idea pop up while typing this post!).  What do I consider a win?  Hmmm...40? 50?  Yeah, around there.  40-50 would be great for me.

But what would I consider a real win in PiBoIdMo?  Having 1 be considered a win by an agent and publisher.   That would be a true win.

How are you doing in PiBoIdMo?  Are you winning?  Got any tips?


No comments:

Post a Comment