Monday, November 3, 2014

PiBoIdMo: So far, so good...

Well, PiBoIdMo is underway and we are on day 3.  So far I have 4 ideas, so I'm a bit ahead.  I'm hoping to peruse some nature photos to come up with more ideas, and also head over to StoryBird.com and check out some amazing art to see what pops up in my brain.

I'm really enjoying this challenge.  I'm not sure how many of my ideas I will turn into a picture book manuscript, but I'm hoping a few will make the cut.  From there, having one winner of a manuscript out of thirty ideas would be fab-u-tastic!

Speaking of winners, I think I have one winner of a manuscript.  My plan over the next week is to get it out to some more agents.  I've only sent it to two so far, and that's not acceptable.  I need to get my butt in gear!  I've got a few more agents in mind, but I'd like to get it out to 6-7 more by next Monday.  I heard back and got a fantastic no (yes, that combo is possible!!) and have not heard back from the second.

Has anyone out there gotten their first agent or publishing deal this year?  Tell me about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment