Friday, December 26, 2014

2015 Journaling Challenge

I searched on-line for some sort of journaling challenge for the year to sign up for.  I didn't look too much, but couldn't find anything.  I checked Facebook, but didn't see anything for writers.  So, I've decided to create my own journaling challenge for 2015.  My hopes is that once a week, probably Sunday nights while anxiously awaiting The Walking Dead, I'll post a prompt, along with my writing to go with it.

What kind of prompts?  I have no clue...okay, maybe I do.  Some will be personal, some will be humorous, scary, fantastical, goofy, or whatever else comes to mind.  Yes, that's right, I don't have 52 posts with prompts ready to go.  I'll be making it up as I go.

If you'd like to join in, awesome!  If you just want to follow, awesome (but take the chance and write, too!)!

I'm hoping to use this experience to help improve my writing, and to explore different areas of writing.  I love writing and just want to write more, not just for manuscripts, but for myself.

I plan on writing in my journal first, then put it on here each Monday night.  I guess I need a new journal then :)  That's such a shame...

I plan on ordering one from in blue handmade on etsy.

I'll leave you with this quote from Neil Gaiman:

'Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can.'

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks BamaKathy! Hopefully it'll be interesting :) I got a new journal yesterday, too, that I plan on using for this challenge!

      Delete