Friday, December 5, 2014

November wrap up and EOY goals

November came and went like fall leaves on a tree.  One day you're admiring the colors, next day they're gone.

There were two main writing events that occurred (for me at least) this month:

1: I signed up for PiBoIdMo and ended up with 35 picture book ideas.

and

2: I got the images from Jennifer Frith for The Lost Squirrel!

Right now (well not right now) I'm working on the text placement, cover and formatting to upload to Ingram Spark.

As of now I don't have a specific date for when it'll be available, but, that's EOY goal #1:

1: Have The Lost Squirrel ready for sale!

2: To send out a manuscript to six agents.

3: (This is ongoing) To land an agent :)

I've been slow to go with mailing out manuscripts.  I have only three that I'm waiting on right now and that's too few.  You want to get an agent?  You need to have that one awesome manuscript and send it out to a boatload of agents.

4: To write at least one more manuscript for the year, preferably two.

I'm not going to force this one.  I went with quantity this year, I think..., and I really want to work through them and have several that are "ready" to be sent out.  For now, I have four picture book manuscripts and a poem that I feel are set.  Of course that doesn't mean I won't work on them.  I still send them to my critique groups (I'm in three right now and run one of the three).

That's it.  Just the four, but they are big ones :)

What are your writing goals for the rest of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment