Sunday, January 4, 2015

2015 Journal Challenge Week 1

Week 1 January 4, 2015

I'm not sure what I want to start with: about me or goals for 2015 (and writing or life or what?)?  So, I guess, a bit of both.  Goals first.  I don't make New Year's Resolutions, but I do have some goals:

To find representation (an agent) for my children's book manuscripts, to edit my early chapter book to the point of "ready to submit", to find more vegan recipes, to cook even more often for/ with my family, to get back on my bike regularly, run a bit (deal with the knee pain), to an intense core workout 2x a month, plus regular planks and push-ups.

I guess that leads to the 'About Me'.  As I write I've decided not to.  This challenge is truly for me.  Why would I journal to myself about myself?  I have an 'About Me' page anyway, if you're interested, so back to my goals.

Making goals is not always good enough.  You need a plan, and to take action.

I'll go with one, writing related.

I want to find representation with an agent that is a good fit for me and my style of writing.

What do I need to do?

Well, I have a few PB MSs that are ready to go as I've gone over them countless times, as have two critique groups.

I need to find agents that are looking for PB MSs!  I've already done this to a point, but I will look for more to add to the list.  I'm also planning to join 12x12 again this year, so that'll give me ten more chances to submit to agents.

I need to type my query letters and have others look at them.  I've done this for two, but not the third.

Lastly, I need to send out the query letters and manuscripts!

Well, second lastly, I need to wait patiently as agents read through my stuff (and everyone else's)...and pick me this year!!

If you're following along, your challenge is to write your goals, pick one (or all!) and write your plan of action! And? Take action!


No comments:

Post a Comment