Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week 8 2015 Journal Challenge: Why I wrote Poetry

Baring my soul is one of the hardest things for me to do.

Out loud.

I prefer writing over speaking.  I'd rather write an e-mail/ text or a letter than talk on the phone or in person.

Instead of talking to someone about how I feel, I'll write it instead- I've always been that way.  Poetry used to be my main mode of expression.  I wrote a lot of poetry for about ten years or so as a way to pour my heart out when it ached.  Many of those poems were written for the woman out there somewhere I knew I'd fall in love with, and would fall in love with me.

During my time of writing poetry, I never showed 95% of them to anyone.  Even those I dated, I never shared my poetry with them.  They were no worthy.

Except Jane.

For Jane, I not only shared them, I wrote them into one journal and gave them to her as a gift.  I always thought I'd add to it for her, but I never have (yet).

Writing the kind of poetry I did was my broken heart bleeding onto paper.

Jane was my band-aid.

I didn't know any other way to write poetry, so I stopped writing it.  For a good reason.  Jane's love mended my heart.

I won a poetry/photo contest a few years ago.

This was one of those poems I wrote for Jane before I ever met her.

No comments:

Post a Comment