Tuesday, June 2, 2015

LOTS to catch up on!

Holy cow!  It's been TWO MONTHS since I posted on here!

What's new?

1.  Well?  The Lost Squirrel is LIVE on Barnes and Noble and on Amazon!!  Please check it out and order your copy today!!  The only thing is that the cover never showed up for either, so I did it myself.  And?  Well, the colors are off for the greens.  They look florescent and they aren't in the book!!!  I just need to switch the file type and try again :)

2.  I had my first school author program!!!  It was, I feel, fairly decent for a first one!  I sold about 80 copies combined of both books, the audience came up with some great questions, and the H&S gave me a gift card to Lowes (and I bought and installed a faucet for the kitchen with it :) ).  I feel like my pacing was a bit off, though.  I think I went too fast, and one of the big laugh I was hoping for missed at both presentations (K-2, 3-4).

3.   I went to my first SCBWI event and it was AWESOME!!  I connected with an author, learned a lot from the critique-a-thon, and also from my one-one PB MS critique.

4.  I have an author event at Studio B in Boyertown on June 28th from 2-4 P.M.  I'll be talking about my experiences in self-publishing, as well as sharing part(s) of one or both books.  I'll also have autographed copies up for sale!

So, in a nutshell, that's been the past two months!!!!!

What's new with you??

No comments:

Post a Comment