Wednesday, November 2, 2016

NaNoWriMo Goals

Yup!  It's that time of year!  I'd already written down my goals, and also posted them on a writing site, 12x12 to help with accountability, but I need to put it out to even more people.  Or, really, for myself, to self-reflect on what I want this month, and for my writing in general.

I know it's a couple days in, but so far, so good.

Without further ado, my goals:

1. 100 Lune poems

2. Complete my Halloween Egg chapter book (early or MG, not sure where it'll end up...).

3. Write 10,000 words for the Epic Fantasy story, to begin when I'm done with number 2.

To get ready, I'd begun a separate Scrivener file for the Lune poems, and written down 38 over the past few weeks or so, including some I'd already had on my Hanx Writer files in my phone.  I also have a sub file of lines that come to me to work with.

For the epic fantasy, I wend back and skimmed through the beginning chapter, and read through the second chapter.  Then I transcribed the writing into the Scrivener file, and even wrote a couple hundred more words.  I also went over the beats I had written out for the major story line to help with remembering where I wanted to go.  It had been over a year since I wrote anything for this story.

And for Halloween Egg, I read over everything I had written, and the notes and beats as well.  I have a lot to transcribe for this story as I only have the first few hundred words typed, but it'll be worth it.

So, here I am, done with day 2, except for this blog.

I have written eight Lune poems, and almost 1,000 words for Halloween Egg. The story really hadn't advanced a whole lot, so I have a feeling it'll be a long story. Either that, or I'll be slashing a lot when I edit- guess that depends on what I want with the story when I'm done!

Nothing on 3 yet, since I won't do that until I'm done with 2.

I won't be back on here for a couple more weeks to provide another update, to hold myself accountable for my goals, and my dreams.

To all you NaNoWriMo peeps: GOOD LUCK!  Happy Writing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment