Sunday, December 4, 2016

NaNoWriMo Reflection

To start off, here were my goals:

1. 100 Lune poems

2. Complete my Halloween Egg chapter book (early or MG, not sure where it'll end up...).

3. Write 10,000 words for the Epic Fantasy story, to begin when I'm done with number 2.

How did I do?

1. 100 Lune poems-CHECK!  I ended up with 112 for the month.

2. HE story? Nope, not even close.  I did write about 700 words more, but really didn't take the plot anywhere (but necessary words).

I fell stuck with this story and I'm not sure where to go with it.  I do have a set of beats for the story, but I'm at a point where I'm lost and can't figure out where to get to the next beat.  Maybe I should just move to the next beat, then go back and fill in.

3.  Well, I was going to work on 3 when I completed w.  That didn't happen, so neither did the 10,000 word goal.  I did get back into the story a bit, and did write a few hundred more words to finish off a scene I'd left open since I last worked on it 18 months or so ago.

I did some editing to a self-published story I have out (that I'm going to rerelease over my winter break) in the past month as well.

4.  There was no goal 4, but something came up and I went with it.  I came up with an idea for a book to self-publish, had a goal in mind for what I'd need to hit for it, and I'm 80% there.

So, overall did I hit my goals?  No.  But I did exceed one, and start one that wasn't on the list that I'm excited about, so isn't that what writing is all about?  Freedom of your own expression?  Well, maybe I did "win" NaNoWriMo.

How did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment