Saturday, March 11, 2017

Reworking an Old Urban Fantasy

Okay, it's not really that old, but, until a few months ago, I hadn't done anything with it.

I dusted it off (metaphorically speaking, of course) and began, slowly, tediously, editing Why He Runs From the Basement.  I even renamed it to The Watcher.  

Why?  Well, I wanted to.  I've been wanting to get my hand back into the fantasy arena, and decided this was a way to start, but do it differently.

I originally self-published this novella in 2013 (???) through Amazon (e-book only) and sold enough to pay for Scrivener, and a case of beer-you know, the important things to enable a writer to write drunk, then edit sober.

This time around, two weeks ago, I decided to put it up on Wattpad.  Live and learn, folks.  Apparently, you don't have to- and it seems to be beneficial not to- put the WHOLE THING UP AT ONCE.  Who knew?  Well, me, now...

But good thing that novella was only going to be part 1 of a series I'd planned to take the self-publishing world by storm.  But a funny thing happened.  I fell in love with writing picture books...but that's another post that's already up here, somewhere, I think...

Along with the title, I also changed the cover a bit...monstly because I couldn't find the image of Kona with fire in his eyes...oh well.  I changed up the coloring of his fur, changed the font, and voila! An obviously self created cover from someone who is not that great at covers!  Good thing the story's good...note- it's NOT for kids...at all.  It's quite gory. In fact I was going to submit it to an anthology until I noticed they didn't want gory stories.  I thought about taking the gore out, but then that wouldn't be my story.

If you're interested, check it out!  It's right here!

Thanks :)

Part two is currently in progress- I'm about 9,000 words in...which I did a few years ago...so, yeah, editing again and enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment